Saturday, March 5, 2022

So I went to NAEA for the first time

The National Art Education Association meeting was in New York City this spring. Despite many years of being involved in arts integration, I have never had the opportunity to go. This year after our grant application for Art TEAMS was funded Was a great opportunity to go.

Our whole team went and spent time in different sections and with different people. This year the sketchbook as inquiry, communication, and demonstration were out in force and so I took my first steps. Being myself I tried a digital format that I included here. I have to admit that the collage and layer aspect of note-taking, doodling, and connecting is very freeing. Sometimes it is non-sensical in a way I seldom dare to do in print. I can easily see what Kimberley is driving for to a product that is playful, metacognitive, and creative. I am wondering how different formats with different levels of intentionality, friction, and affordances will appeal to different people OR let people create very different things.



 



No comments: